Pakistan finds itself on the brink of elimination from the World Cup 2023, with the team needing a decisive victory against England to secure a spot in the semi-finals.
As England took to the crease and set a target for Pakistan, the equation for qualification became even more complex. The Pakistani team now faces a nail-biting scenario where every run and every ball could be the difference between a spot in the semi-finals and an early exit from the tournament.
The qualification scenarios are as follows:
– If England manages to score 50 runs, Pakistan will need to chase the target in a mere 2.0 overs.
– For a score of 100 by England, Pakistan’s chase time tightens to 2.5 overs.
– Should England set a target of 150, Pakistan’s challenge becomes even steeper, with a requirement to chase it down in 3.4 overs.
– A score of 200 by England demands Pakistan to chase in 4.3 overs.
– The most demanding challenge comes if England puts up a total of 300 runs, putting Pakistan on the clock with a requirement to chase in just 6.1 overs.
Is it possible? 😀😀😀 pic.twitter.com/QSpexjxpGn
– Imran Siddique (@imransiddique89) November 11, 2023
The Men in Green faces a daunting task, with the fate of the team hanging in the balance. The batting lineup will need to show unparalleled skill, strategy, and precision to meet the challenging chase times set by the English team.